At The Montcalm Luxury Hotels London we are committed to green hotel policies and the implementation of proactive measures to help protect and sustain the environment for future generations.
We recognise the impact of our operations on the environment and aim to be an increasingly efficient green and environmental hotel.
We strive to minimise any detrimental effects as a result of our business.
By working together we can contribute to making a cleaner and safer environment and ensure environmental issues remain a focal point and receive proper attention.
In delivering our commitment we will:
- Comply with relevant environmental legislation and take a proactive approach to future requirements and obligations
- Seek to conserve natural resources through the responsible use of energy, water and materials but also maintaining the quality of service expected by our guests
- Monitor performance and aim for continued improvement by reducing re-using, and recycling in areas such as energy consumption, reduction of waste materials and water consumption
- Work with suppliers who have compatible policies for managing their impact on the environment
- Through our active environmental team we will ensure that our efforts are continually reviewed , updated and communicated to all staff
Examples of every day procedures / actions:
- Recycling of, Paper, cardboard, glass , plastic , cooking oil, toner cartridges fluorescent tubes
Saving Energy by:
- Monitoring gas and electricity consumption on monthly basis, with annual external Audit for Benchmark.
- Use of/replacement in refurbishment to low energy light bulbs
- Use of motion detectors in areas where lights need not be permanently on.
- Key-card control system installed in every room to control heating, lighting and air-conditioning when room is not in use
- Re-use towels on guest request
- Water consumption by ongoing installation of new flush system in toilets
- Waste packaging by the purchase of bulk food items and cleaning materials
- Waste glass bottles by producing our own mineral water using the Vivreau bottling system
Our Preferred Organisations
|The mission of the Carbon Trust is to accelerate the move to a low carbon economy by working with organisations to reduce carbon emissions and develop commercial low carbon technologies.|
As a responsible company we proactively seeks to reduce our impact on the environment and are consciousness about our responsibilities. We use suppliers that are committed to supplying products responsibly and ensuring that it is through sustainable farming the needs of tomorrow are protected.
|Vivreau is a mains-fed water purifying system, all our bottled water supplied in our 141 bedrooms and meeting rooms are provided through our in-house re-useable bottles. The system allows us to provide a limitless supply of still and sparkling water without generating more pollution through waste glass/plastic packaging and transport.|
|The Lion Quality Code of Practice was launched in 1998 improving traceability of eggs with a “best-before” date stamp on the shells and packs, plus on-farm and packing station hygiene controls. The status of UK egg production is amongst the safest in the world, confirmed in a report by the European Food Safety Authority published in 2007.|
|The Red Tractor scheme covers chicken, pork, lamb, beef, turkey, fruit, vegetables, salad, flour, sugar and dairy. The scheme is managed by a not-for-profit organisation and inspects production not only at the farm level but all the way through until it is packed. This ensures that food safety and hygiene standards are maintained as well as standards for animal welfare and the environment.|
|Our fish supplier is a member of the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) – an independent, non-profit organisation that promotes sustainable fisheries by using eco-labelling to identify seafood products certified to its environmental standards.|
|Farmed fish is closely regulated and works to improve the welfare standards for the aquaculture industry.|