Liverpool Street Station is a major railway and underground station in London that is close to the City, Shoreditch and Whitechapel.
Its proximity to so many popular areas means it deals with a lot of customers every year – over 63 million National Rail passengers and 73 million Underground passengers used the facilities in 2013-14 alone.
The Underground station is on the Central, Circle, Hammersmith & City and Metropolitan lines, and it is the fifth busiest station on the London Underground network. The railway station is operated by Abellio Greater Anglia and runs services from central London to Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk and parts of Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire.
The station is ideal for people who are looking to explore the city, as it is within walking distance of Spitalfields Market, the Whitechapel Gallery, the Bank of England and many other popular landmarks. The address of the station is Liverpool Street Station, Liverpool Street, London EC2M 7QH.
What shops are in the station?
There are a host of shops thanks to its position as one of the city’s main stations, which means people can pick up a quick gift or a new garment while they wait for their train.
Among the stores on site are :
- Accessorize – Stocks a range of fashion accessories
- Body Basics – Offers professional massages and sports therapy
- Claire’s – Specialises in accessories and jewellery for girls and young women
- JD Sports – Sports clothing retailer
- Ladbrokes – Betting shop
- Laura Ashley – Specialises in exclusive home furnishings and womenswear
- The Perfume Shop – Offers a range of perfumes and aftershaves
- Thorntons – Chocolatier that offers a range of sweet treats
- WHSmith – Book and magazine seller
You also don’t need to worry about going hungry while in Liverpool Street Station, as there is a host of food and drink outlets. These include:
- Burger King
- Pret A Manger
- The Pasty Shop
- Upper Crust
- The Savanna
If you have belongings that are holding you back from having a good time when in London, why not put them in storage for the duration of the trip? The Excess Baggage Company provides manned storage facilities at the station, giving you peace of mind that your possessions are secure. Luggage, bags or baggage can be left for a few hours, days or weeks, while you can either collect them in person or have them forwarded to your next location. Prices start from £3 a day and the location is open seven days a week from 7 am to 11 pm, meaning you can be very flexible about your arrangements.
- Broadgate Ice Rink (0.1 mile) – Head southeast on Liverpool Street towards Sun Street Passage. Take a slight right on Pindar Street and then turn right on to Primrose Street. The destination will be on the right and the walk will take about three minutes.
- Electric Blue Gallery (0.3 miles) – Head southwest on Liverpool Street towards White Hart Court. Next, turn left on to Bishopsgate, turn right on to Devonshire Row and right again on to Devonshire Square. Next, turn left at Cutler Street, turn right towards Harrow Place, turn left on to Harrow Place and then turn right on to Middlesex Street. The destination will be on the left and the walk will take about six minutes.
- Christ Church (0.5 miles) – Head southeast towards Sun Street Passage. Next, take a right towards Bishopsgate and then turn left towards Bishops Square. Turn left on to Brushfield Street, turn left on to Commercial Street and then turn right on to Fournier Street. The destination will be on the right and the walk will take about nine minutes.
- Brick Lane Market (0.5 miles) – Head southeast on Liverpool Street towards Sun Street Passage. Take a slight right on Pindar Street and then turn right on to Primrose Street. Next, continue on to Spital Square, continue on to Lamb Street, continue on to Hanbury Street and then turn right on to Brick Lane. The destination will be on the left and the walk will take about ten minutes.
- Whitechapel Gallery (0.7 miles) – Head southeast on Liverpool Street towards White Hart Court. Next, turn right on to Bishopsgate, turn left on to Houndsditch and then turn left on to Outwich Street. Finally, turn left on to St Botolph Street and continue on to Whitechapel High Street. The destination will be on the left and the walk will take about 14 minutes.